Friday, May 14, 2010

My life

I feel like this sometimes. Sometimes I wish I could be this cute while crying.

This is a cute kid!


This Momma duck definitely made my life a little more interesting the other day. While setting in our patio area I saw this little webbed feet from under our fence. I opened up the gate and saw this momma duck and her 8 ducklings. I thought they were cute, so I took a picture. I thought to myself, "why would there be a duck over here, the water is not over here". Well, I took my pic and went on with my day. Later on while taking out the trash I saw the momma duck, she was quacking like crazy. I walked up and said, "Where are your babies" then I saw where she was standing, right over a water drain. I looked down and saw the ducklings. I ran inside and called Jefferson parish animal shelter asking them who I needed to call. They transferred me to like 3 different people. Finally someone got my name and number and said that his guy was on lunch and he would be there in 1 hour. This was around 4:55 p.m. I was worried that someone would hit the momma duck so I went outside to see her. When I got there some other worried neighbors noticed what was going on. I told them who I had called, but they didn't want to wait. They opened the drain (by this time I had Napoleon out helping) and started scooping out the ducklings. They finally got them all out, but we waited for the "rescue" guy, but he never showed up, I tried to call him back, but it was after five and the office was closed. We decided to just walk them back to the canal. And "phew" they are safe again" So my advice from this story, don't call Jeff parish about stuff, you could get it done quicker all by yourself!


The family after our mother's day brunch Saturday morning



For Tia Le Le, thanks for the cool shirt.




Sweet Aaron, he loves "reading" to his baby brother.





You got to love this boy!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the story about the ducks. I'm so glad you decided to help and that there were others who felt the same way also. It's amazing how something so small and simple can bring out the best in others. I can only imagine that poor mother's worry when her babies were out of reach.

Another thing, your babies are always adorable. You and Napo make cute children and they are lucky to have you as parents!

The Creagers said...

You have such a cute family! I hope all is well with you guys. Miss you!